Wool Pick Up by Roswell Wool
Greetings to Everyone,
The Spring 2010 wool season is rapidly approaching. The purpose of this letter is to briefly discuss the current wool market and what we can do to best offer and sell you wool as well as clarifying any changes that may have occurred since last year to the receiving stations through out California.
The wool market is so much better than it was at this time last year. Comparing the wool market to last year at this time is the difference between dark and day light as many wools are worth as much as 100% more than they were. But to be realistic most wools are worth 60 to 80% more than they were. In any case we are looking good and I anticipate that we could be looking at the markets staying good for a period of time as well (3 to 5 years)?
Please consider putting your wool up in a way that meets the requirements set forth to meet the “US Choice or Premium Programs”. If you are interested in participating in one of these programs, please contact me (Mike Corn) ASAP and I will send you by email or mail the form to get started. The requirements are rather simple and are what are most producers are already doing. You just need to read, agree and sign the appropriate form, then return it to me with or before you ship your wool to Roswell.
Wool packs and bags are available just as they have been for the past three to four years. Please contact Greg Flemming at Farmers Feed in Stockton (209 465 5739), he will take your order and ship the packs/bags directly to you. If you are in the Stockton area it would be good to stop by Farmers Feed at 1302 E. Miner Ave and pick them up yourself as shipping costs are expensive.
There are a few changes in our receiving stations that some of you need to be aware of. Please reference the towns below, especially the location that is the closest to you for your shipping needs to see if there are any changes that you need to be aware of.
1. Bakersfield - There are no changes to this location. Everything is the same as always and you can deliver your wool there basically all year long. Your contact there is Jim Stockton @ 661-201-0909, located at 12601 Rosedale Hwy.
2. Firebaugh – We are moving back to our Original receiving Station that we had prior to last year at Firebaugh Cotton Gin.
Please Contact: Office # at Cotton Gin – 559-659-3035
Jerry Kreigbaum – 559-312-5584; Maria Gonzales - 559-349-2866 Or Bill Davis – 559-285-0140
The facility will be available through the end of May in order to get your wool shipped to Roswell.
3. Rio Vista Area- NO CHANGES - Same as the past few years.
4. Dixon – No Longer available – It is with regret that this receiving has decided to NOT receive wool for 2010. Roswell Wool wants to “Thank” Superior Farms for their past support and we ask that producers in this area now take their wool to the Dunnigan location.
5. Dunnigan - NO CHANGES - County Line Warehouse, 99 West & County Line Rd
Contact: Jeff Youngmark- 530-724-3301 office
Available through June 15th, 2009
6. Ukiah - NO CHANGES - Mendocino Farm Supply, 303 Talmage Rd.
Contact: Tim Cooper- 707-462-1492
NOTE: DROP OFF DATES IN UKIAH ARE FROM JULY 6TH 2010 TO JULY 31ST 2010